A favorite destination for its unmatched scenic beauty and plenty of outdoor opportunities, Vancouver is one of the most sought after destinations of the world. This is not just another cosmopolitan place, but it is the place to enjoy the best of fine dining, galleries, theatre, musical extravaganza and of course shopping. Vancouver has a lot to offer for tourists – as you plan your vacation, ensure that you have a lot of time in hand, so that you enjoy every bit which the city has to offer.
As you plan your day outings or trips to parks, museums, shopping destinations and more, do not miss out an hour or two, strolling through the neighborhoods. Do not miss relaxing on the sandy beaches of the city. If you are visiting the city for a couple of days only, you can take a simple city tour or just stroll along the Stanley Park or simply explore the exotic Vancouver’s North Shore.
What are the things you can do in Vancouver, as you choose to spend your holidays in the beautiful city?
- Plan a day outing in Stanley Park – A lovely place to spend a bright and cheerful place with your family and friends. Simply strong along the park or picnic on the fresh greens. There are several bright flowering plants to cheer you up and offer freshness. This is indeed the pride as well as the joy of Vancouver – not to be missed, when you visit the city.
- Visit the beautiful Granville Island – If you are really interested in knowing more about the arts and crafts of Vancouver, then this is the place you must not miss. The island was once a major industrial hub and now the home to arts and the crafts community. Carry home lovely souvenirs and gifts from the city for your loved ones.
- Visit Christ Church Cathedral – For those who love to know more about the cultural heritage of the city, should visit the Christ Church cathedral. The magnificent church has a gothic revival style and has beautifully designed interior arches. There are several stained glass windows and wonderful ceiling beams which are made from Douglas fir.
- Canada Palace – Walk around the beautiful Canada palace as you relax and spend your leisurely hours. Walk through the Canadian Trail or simply watch the ships grandly cruise along.
For the adventure lovers, there is a lot to do in the city.
- Grouse Grand Hike – The popular Grouse Grand hike is quite popular among tourists who search for adventure activities. Enjoy the incredible views from the top as you hike up the terrain. Hiking up this trek is completely free.
- North Shore – Mountain biking is quite a popular activity in the North Shore. Know more about the exciting mountain biking trails in this area, as you plan your activities.
- Olympic Village – This is the newest attraction of the city. Check out the neighborhood, which was home to the athletes during the 2010 Olympic Games. Explore the beautiful island and enjoy the art installations.
Do not miss the beautiful drive in the Sea to Sky Highway to reach Whistler. Enjoy the magnificent rainforests, the cliffs and the shimmering turquoise inlets as you drive through the region. That’s not all, do not miss the shopping districts and the food destinations during your stay.